01 Nov, 2018 Alive & Kicking With 50-Piece Orchestra
Introducing a new version of the Simple Minds classic ‘Alive and Kicking‘ with a 50-piece orchestra!
Exclusively available on the forthcoming ‘80s Symphonic‘ album also featuring David Bowie, A-Ha, Ultravox and more
with new orchestral arrangements. Released on November 9th 2018.
80s Symphonic,a brand new compilation combining the original classic tracks of 15 iconic 80s songs from Simple Minds, David Bowie, a-ha, Foreigner, Simply Red, Tina Turner, Pretenders, Ultravox and more with brand new symphonic and string arrangements creating unique versions of these timeless tracks like you’ve never heard them before.
The new orchestrations on 14 of the tracks of the album are the work of producer Andy Wright and arranger Sam Swallow and recorded over three days by the 50 piece London Studio Orchestra in the legendary Studio 2 at Abbey Road Studios.
The new version of David Bowie’s 1983 classic ‘Let’s Dance’ was orchestrated and arranged for strings by the track’s original producer Nile Rodgers at Abbey Road Studio 1.
Nile Rodgers …“My work with David Bowie and specifically “Let’s Dance” is sacrosanct to me so when I was asked by David’s family and Warner’s to add orchestration to the original recording I approached it with extreme trepidation. In fact my only concern was to protect David’s artistic vision and integrity. In the end I’m very grateful that we did this, as I believe anyone who loves the original will be excited by it. I’m certain David would approve from above”.
01. Let’s Dance (Nile Rodgers’ String Version) – David Bowie
02. Take On Me (Symphonic Version) – a-ha
03. Alive and Kicking (Symphonic Version) – Simple Minds
04. Vienna (Symphonic Version) – Ultravox
05. The Killing Moon (Symphonic Version) – Echo & The Bunnymen
06. Smalltown Boy (Symphonic Version) – Bronski Beat
07. What Is Love? (Symphonic Version) – Howard Jones
08. What’s Love Got to Do With It (Symphonic Version) – Tina Turner
09. Holding Back the Years (Symphonic Version) – Simply Red
10. Josephine (Symphonic Version) – Chris Rea
11. Hard Habit to Break (Symphonic Version) – Chicago
12. It Must Have Been Love (Symphonic Version) – Roxette
13. I Want To Know What Love Is (Symphonic Version) – Foreigner
14. Drive (Symphonic Version) – The Cars
15. 2000 Miles (Symphonic Version) – Pretenders