12 Oct, 1992 Glittering Prize 81/92
Glittering Prize is a compilation album by Simple Minds, released in 1992. It spans the period from Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call (the first album recorded by Simple Minds for Virgin Records) to Real Life.
The album omits the earliest period of Simple Minds’ recording career, which yielded three albums released on Arista (only reissues are on Virgin).
At the time of its release, the album was promoted by the double A-side single “Love Song/Alive and Kicking”, where “Love Song” appeared in a remixed form. Both “Love Song” (from 1981) and “Alive and Kicking” (from 1985) appear in their original 7-inch edits on the album.
The namesake video collection, featuring promo videos from then latest two albums and live versions of the hits was released simultaneously.
Release Date: 12th October 1992
01. Waterfront (4.49) Taken from the Album Sparkle In The Rain
02. Don’t You Forget About Me (Single Version) (4.20) Previously unavailable on Album.
03. Alive & Kicking (Single Version) (4.45) Originally from the Album Once Upon A Time
04. Sanctify Yourself (Single Version) (3.55) Originally from the Album Once Upon A Time
05. Love Song (Single Edit) (3.54) Originally from the Album Sons & Fascination
06. Someone Somewhere In Summertime (4.37) Taken from the Album New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
07. See The Lights (4.22) Taken from the Album Real Life
08. Belfast Child (6.40) Taken from the Album Street Fighting Years
09. The American (Single Edit) (3.32) Originally from the Album Sister Feelings Call
10. All The Things She Said (4.16) Taken from the Album Once Upon A Time
11. Promised You A Miracle (Single Edit) (3.59) Originally from the Album New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
12. Ghost Dancing (4.46) Taken from the Album Once Upon A Time
13. Speed Your Love To Me (4.25) Taken from the Album Sparkle In The Rain
14. Glittering Prize (Single Edit) (3.58) Originally from the Album New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)
15. Let There Be Love (Single Version) (4.44) Originally from the Album Real Life
16. Mandela Day (5.40) Taken from the Album Street Fighting Years
Credits: Singles Collection 1981 – 1992.
Voice : Jim Kerr.
Guitar & Keyboards : Charlie Burchill.
Piano & Keyboards : Michael MacNeil.
Drums : Mel Gaynor, Brian McGee, Mike Ogletree & Kenny Hyslop.
Bass Guitars : Derek Forbes, Malcolm Foster, John Giblin.
Digital Remastering : Chris Blair @ Abbey Road Studios, London.
A&R : Jane Ventom & Ashley Forbes.
Design & Direction : Stylorouge.
Worldwide Representation : CBL.
Co-Ordination : Alan McBlane.
SMTVD01 / SMTVC01.
UK CHART: 1
Label: Virgin Records.
BUY FROM SIMPLE MINDS SHOP BUY FROM AMAZON