27 Oct, 2014 New Video – Simple Minds Needs Your Help!
Message from Jim:
“Can’t thank everyone enough for their response so far to ‘Big Music’, just great! We’re hoping to try something a little bit special for the next release from the album, in fact we wanted the video to be about you…..so I’m going to ask for a little help…
These days we all seem to have a video camera to hand, what with smartphones and other gadgets, so I was hoping you might record a few shots of your own ‘morning routine’ and send them to us. The director will then choose the best shots and use them in our next video.
Details of what to do can be found below
Really hope some of you can find time to help and, as you always do, contribute to this next great Simple Minds Chapter!
What we’re looking for:
Between 3 and 10 Clips of Your Early Morning Routine
What happens before the sun rises? How does your life look as the sunlight starts to break through the autumn trees? Pushing your alarm clock to snooze? Opening the curtains? Getting the kids off to school? Spilling coffee down your shirt? Picking what to wear? Car not starting? Shouting at truck drivers as you cycle through the morning traffic? Getting the paper? Finally arriving at your place of work? Perhaps filming your friends and families, postmen, dogs waiting for food…that kind of thing….let the imagination run wild…but it must be a ‘morning’ routine!
This is a pretty good example [although not morning] of the kind of thing we’re after: Youtube Example
Also feel free to show off wherever you are in the world as we want to represent as many different countries and cultures as possible – where are Simple Minds fans waking up in the morning? Who has the most frustrating public transport system?
You can film it using any camera at all or just on your phones, it can be as artful as any budding Kubric can make it or completely home movie-style BUT remember to hold those iPhones sideways! Some filming tips below
How to submit your clips:
**Firstly, the legal bit: By submitting your video footage you confirm that you are giving Simple Minds an exclusive license in perpetuity to include this footage in their forthcoming music video. If this is not your understanding then please DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR FOOTAGE.
You should have no more than 10 clips, the total duration should be no more than 5 mins, the total file size should be no more than 2GB
Your clips should be submitted no later than Nov 10th 2014
Please upload your clips at WeTransfer.com HERE.
- Click ‘skip’ and ‘agree’ to the wetransfer terms & conditions
- Click ‘add files’ and select your video clips on your computer
- Add the following email address as the ‘Friends Email’: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add your own email address.
- Add your name, phone number & Simpleminds.com Username in the ‘message’ field.
[If you don’t have a username yet you can register free HERE]
Please do not attach clips to an email, use wetransfer instead. Otherwise they will not get through to us!
- Film in Landscape, i.e. hold you phone sideways
- Don’t use digital zoom, stay wide, if you need to zoom then move the camera closer
- Film in the highest resolution setting you can
- The more light you have the better
- If there is a light source [sun, window, lamp] then it’s usually better to have it behind the camera as you film [unless you’re being arty on purpose!]
- In most cases, hold the camera as steady as possible
**Reminder: By submitting your video footage you confirm that you are giving Simple Minds an exclusive license in perpetuity to include this footage in their forthcoming music video. If this is not your understanding then please DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR FOOTAGE.
Pre-order Big Music now: